How can you tell if your alarm company's...

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Sat Aug 9 07:23:03 PDT 2003

Add your own 2nd alarm system.  You can even use the sensors of your
existing one to interface with a computer (just the sensors, mind you, not
the actual controllers.)  Got a DSL line?  Got a modem?  Got a cell phone?
Got a pager?  Got network capable cameras?

Got access to another computer outside your house that can also watch when
your DSL line is down and notify you?

Got a small computer you could hide somewhere non obvious?  Like inside a
wall?  Maybe a still useable old laptop with a broken screen that you
could pick up off ebay for cheap?

Got an imagination and some wiring/programming skills?

 + ^ + :25Kliters anthrax, 38K liters botulinum toxin, 500 tons of   /|\
  \|/  :sarin, mustard and VX gas, mobile bio-weapons labs, nukular /\|/\
<--*-->:weapons.. Reasons for war on Iraq - GWB 2003-01-28 speech.  \/|\/
  /|\  :Found to date: 0.  Cost of war: $800,000,000,000 USD.        \|/
 + v + :           The look on Sadam's face - priceless!
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------