politically corrent terms of color

Billy Goto billy at dadadada.net
Wed Aug 6 14:09:47 PDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 01:58:01PM -0700, Bill Stewart wrote:
> "Of color" isn't just blacks - it's also Mexicans and other non-whities.
> I think some of the whiny liberal politicians I've heard use it
> have been African-Americans of color (as opposed to white immigrants
> from South Africa or Rhodesia.)

As a white man, I find the implication that I'm lacking some "color"
based on my race to be offensive.  I often hear "of color" used
(Pacifica radio is quite guilty) as a term of exclusion and division,
implying that white people are soulless: they can't jump, can't dance,
can't fuck, and can't understand social justice.  Frankly, as a racist
term.