The last detritus of the dot bombs

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:54:40 PDT 2003

Tim May wrote...

"Way too many people think they can become the next Tony Robbins, that
Neanderthal on late night t.v. selling motivational tapes"

Well, I think a lot of people actually get some real $$$ doing this kind of
stuff. And as an engineer/physicist by training, I can't help thinking this
is bulsshit as well at best, and a real danger at worst...I can't imagine
how much damage George Guilder caused in Telecom.

Nevertheless, if people are wiling to regularly pay for "motivational
speakers" (I'm thinking of Chris Farley), perhaps they are providing some
kind of value that is not so easily assessed...a lot of folks probably grew
up in Church-going homes and they are used to be Preached at. So...companies
pay for oporae preachers to give their sales folks (for instance) a
warm-and-fuzzy.

BUT...it's clear to me that there's a lot of money going to sheisters like
this.

-TD