Trouble at HavenCo?

Freematt357 at aol.com Freematt357 at aol.com
Wed Aug 6 08:35:32 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/5/2003 2:51:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, timcmay at got.net
writes:
Sterling had placed much too much emphasis on the havens' attempt to be
physically secure by owning small countries and not nearly enough (if any) emphasis
on using strong cryptography to achieve security inside cypherspace
I agree except to say that there must be a minimal level of freedom and
security in which to operate. You'd have to be not in a place like Rwanda where the
Hutu might literally hack you and your hardware with their machetes.  Or be
in another similar condition where the network lines are pounded into pretty
jewelry.

Communities like the Amish can only flourish in communities such as the US
which largely leaves them alone (This is changing unfortunately.)

I do remember we discussed the ridiculous notion of placing machine guns on
Haven-Co's platform-  As if the Brits would allow such a thing in their
territorial waters.

Regards,  Matt-