Colored people

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Wed Aug 6 10:39:16 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 08:39  PM, Mac Norton wrote:

> There was a weapons charge as well, which will always complicate
> matters considerably.  The unconventional life is a more or less fine
> thing until it gets perpendicular to the conventional life, usually in
> the form of law enforcement agents.  When that happens, and it almost
> surely will, what is necessary is a relatively big bunch of money, or
> a plea bargain.
>
> What happened here is happening to young men (yes, usually men, and as
> in this case, of color)

Where did this "of color" nonsense get started?

I thought colored people wanted to be called by other names, now they
and their whiteliberal supporters are routinely using the silly name
"people of color."

(Of course, we live in an age where homosexuals call themselves
"queers" and propagate the name--Queer Nation, Queers of Color, Queer
Eye for the Pervert Guy, etc.--and yet file lawsuits when others call
them queers. And we live in an age where negroes call themselves and
other negroes "niggers" and name their minstrel acts "Niggaz with
Attitude" but then insist that persons of whiteness call them "NWA" so
as not to use the "offensive" "N-word.")

If the coloreds want to be called that, fine with me.

--Tim May