Others speak out in support of PAM

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Wed Aug 6 01:52:40 PDT 2003

At 01:57 PM 08/05/2003 -0700, Steve Schear wrote:
>Terror `market' was a creative idea killed by know-nothings
>By Pat Buchanan
>http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/opinion/6460808.htm

Nobody knows know-nothings like Pat Buchanan.

But as occasionally happens, I have to say that
he's written a really excellent article,
knowing how to talk to a layperson about something
that's obscure and technical (and probably not something
he personally understands technically, but he's got the
policy issues down pretty solidly.)
He explains why it's important, and why it would have been
a good thing to do, and some interesting speculation
and facts about the Pearl Harbor attack I hadn't known,
which he ties into the PAM issue well.  Read it - it's good stuff.

Then, of course, he reminds us that in spite of being intelligent,
he's still good old offensive Pat Buchanan, by talking about how
John Poindexter was first in his class at Annapolis
and is being hounded out of Congress (without mentioning that
Poindexter is also a convicted liar who's got no business
in America's government though perhaps he ought to be out of jail by now),
but even in doing that, he gets in a few well-deserved jabs at Congress.