Teen arrested at Logan for alleged sarcasm in his bag

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Tue Aug 5 16:24:34 PDT 2003

Sunder posts:

> http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/214/metro/
  Teen_arrested_at_Logan_for_alleged_bomb_threat_in_his_bag+.shtml

> According to the police report, the note, which was placed on top of
> clothes in a black gym bag read: ''[Expletive] you. Stay the [expletive]
> out of my bag you [expletive] sucker. Have you found a [expletive] bomb
> yet? No, just clothes. Am I right? Yea, so [expletive] you.''

Not every sentence containing the word "bomb" is a bomb threat.
Apparently this concept is lost upon the cretins guarding our airports.

While this kid is probably screwed for using the B-word, one wonders what
the boundary is that one has to cross with a note in ones luggage to get
arrested.

For instance, which of these sentences, written on a note in ones luggage,
would get one arrested and/or booted off a flight.

      "Don't wrinkle my clothes, you minimum wage douchebag"

      "Bush lied to start a war"

      "R.I.P. First Amendment"

      "There is only one God, and Mohammad is his Prophet"

      "Hang Israeli War Criminal Ariel Sharon"

      "The 9/11 Martyrs are in Paradise"

      "Proud NAMBLA Member since 1979"

      "John Walsh is an expert on everything, except watching
       his kid at the mall"

      "Death to AmeriKKKa"

      "Free Jim Bell"

      "What the world really needs is a fifty dollar weapon that
       sinks aircraft carriers"

      "Founding Member, Aryan Nations"

      "Support Strong Crypto"

Perhaps John Gilmore, in his copious free time, could place these one by
one in his gym bag, and report back on the results. :)

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+