Slashdot | There Is No Single Instant In Time (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Aug 4 05:04:27 PDT 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Sarad AV wrote:

> Sounds like a purely philosophical debate and a pretty
> crazy article.

Hardly, it demonstrates a fundamental flaw in the current approach; the
confusion of the model with that being modeled. The funny part is that it
goes back to Newton.

The impact should have some significant long term changes with regard to
theories that rely on 'when/where' sorts of arguments. Such things as
'action at a distance' are involved (eg photon entanglement).

Hardly 'purely philosophical', remote to any given individuals mundane
world view perhaps but not with out some significant impact in the long term.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org