Mike Hawash

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Wed Apr 30 17:28:24 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 05:00  PM, Kevin S. Van Horn wrote:

> Declan McCullagh wrote:
>
>> My reading is the opposite. That's why there's an "or" instead of an
>> "and" there. --Declan
>>
>>> "Enemies" are discussed in juxtaposition to "levying War against
>>> [the United States]".  This implies
>>> that "Enemies" of the United States are those with whom the U.S. is
>>> at war.
>>

> Have you  ever heard the phrase, "unconstitutionally vague"?  If
> "enemies" are something other than parties with whom the U.S. is at
> war, then who are they?

Shrubya said "You're either with us, or against us."

Asscruft has been using this as his definition of who is against
Amerika: anyone not supporting our boys and flying an American flag is
one of Them.

"We gonna open a can of Texas whoop-ass on them bad boys," as our
illiterate Maximum Leader puts it.

Since there has been no declaration of war, and since Congress is busy
distracting itself with important debates about the renewal of the
bovine ear oil depletion allowance--anything to avoid taking a legal
stand on the constitutionality of preemptive war--this will have to do
as the best definition we will have of what an "enemy" is.

--Tim May
"Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her panty hose,  is somehow morally superior to a woman
explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound"