patriotism considered evil

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Wed Apr 30 15:16:48 PDT 2003

At 11:17 PM -0700 4/29/03, Adam Back wrote:
>So I guess the American-way used to stand for something -- beliefs in
>freedoms etc., and that one symbol used historically to express
>support of those freedoms was the US flag.  So I'm supposing this is
>the historic reason people fly flags, on their cars, houses,
>businesses etc.  (A practice virtually non-existant in any other
>country I've lived in, or travelled to).

I saw a whole bunch of Swiss flags flying everywhere I went in Switzerland
the last time I was over there (about 5 years ago).  It impressed me as
more flags than I usually see in the US.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | Due process for all    | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | used to be the         | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at pwpconsult.com | American way.          | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA