Anonglish (was: Re: Authenticating Meat)

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 15:12:32 PDT 2003

What is not known (and impossible to prove impossible) is that there may be
another non-DES "block cypher" with some shorter key equivalent to 2 DES blocks
in series.

Or we'll find out much later that feistel nets have been collapsed in, say ...
late 90-ties ?

> if I'm wrong, but what is important for multiple encryption is whether
> or not the cypher in question is a group (as in closed under
> composition).
>
> DES, for example, is not, so multiple DES cycles is not equivalent to
> single DES.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows: