Mike Hawash

John Kelsey kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 30 06:49:20 PDT 2003

>Furthermore, since when is mere travel treason?  If you  could show that
>he had actually participated in war against the U.S. -- not just thought
>about it, not just taken leg one of a trip that could eventually get him
>to a location where he would have an opportunity to do so (if he didn't
>change his mind first) -- then there could be a case.

It's fun to imagine this in the context of a normal crime....

Prosecutor: "We will show that the defendant was seen in the company of
some people who were believed to have been planning to consider going over
to South Central, where they might have joined up with the Crips and
eventually tried to shoot at some police officers.  As it turned out, they
didn't make it to South Central (they got lost), and if they had, the Crips
would probably have robbed them and sent them scurrying home, but it's
clear that these people would have been up to no good, if only they'd been
competent enough to manage it.  As evidence, we submit this copy of the
Autobiography of Malcolm X, and these five rap CDs, found in a midnight
raid on his house.  We're requesting the death penalty."

--John Kelsey, kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
PGP: FA48 3237 9AD5 30AC EEDD  BBC8 2A80 6948 4CAA F259