Quarantines may be justified

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Wed Apr 30 07:47:45 PDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 08:10:03AM -0400, Sunder wrote:

> While we're at it, there should be a law against noisy kids playing in
> your neighbor's back yard,

    That's quite a bit different than having neighbors who play their stereo so
loud you can't hear your own stereo in your house, eh? Which we've experienced
quite a bit. Or like when the morons next door had the stereo so loud that the
two of us who were working on the roof of my house couldn't even work because we
couldn't communicate even when shouting. We don't need a new law for this, the
cops seem to be able to ticket them with no problem.
   Or like the idiots who's car stereo wakes us up at 2am, rattling our windows,
even tho it's 20 below out and presumably they have their windows shut as we do
ours. We do need new or more effective laws to deal with this however.

(rest of nonsense deleted)

> Fuck that noise, you intolerant turd.  I've a better idea:  There should
> be a law against people that say "there should be a law..." :)

   Being assaulted by others smoke, noise, chemical pollutants or whatever is no
different than being assualted by their fist. I find it more than a little
amusing that most of the so-called "libertarians" I come across haven't the
slightest clue that their "freedom" ends at my personal space. One of the main
reasons I no longer contribute to the LP and probably won't vote for any more LP
candidates, since most libertarians seem to express the attitude of "Fuck
everybody else, I can do whatever I want."

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix