Fake News for Big Brother

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 30 07:08:24 PDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Thomas Shaddack wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> > Needless to say, nothing could be further from the letter and spirit
> > of the First Amendment.
>
> I thought the Constitution applies to personal speech, not to corporate or
> government speech...
>
> If I speak for myself, the First Amendment applies.
>
> But should it apply even to corporations? Are such entities considered to
> be persons? Should they have "rights"?

Yes, they are considered "persons" in a ficticioius way.  so are
houses - a house can be confiscated if one person living in it was
either a "drug dealer" or "terrorist.  The owner need not know, the
house is guilty of being an accomplice.  Insane?  Yes, but what else is
new in the US :-)

> I suggest an "eye test". If it is theoretically possible to talk with it
> eye-to-eye[1], then the Constitution applies. If it isn't possible to talk
> with it without a proxy person - a CEO, a spokesperson, etc. - no "higher
> rights" apply.
>
> A non-personal entity should be considered to voluntarily give up its
> "right" to existence by an act of knowingly lying. A death penalty - the
> entity liquidation - should swiftly follow.

You are confusing common sense with law.  A very silly thing to do!

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike