Making Money in Digital Money

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue Apr 29 22:03:29 PDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

> At 10:30 PM +0200 4/28/03, Nomen Nescio waxed all Fermi on us and
> popped his bulb with the following bit of incandescence:
>
> >Well, here's a clue, folks: information goods are free today. You
> >can't build a digital money system on paying for information goods,
> >in a world where people expect to get their information goods for
> >free.
>
> Who here actually believes that digital goods and services are
> actually free to produce?

Irrelevant and most decidedly -not- the point he was addressing.

A weak strawman at best is what you offer.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org