Finder's Keepers, Smartcards, Anon Cash [Re: double-spending prevention w. spent coins]

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Tue Apr 29 17:08:36 PDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> One of the attributes that a digital currency system MAY have is
> whether someone who finds lost currency may spend it.   Conventional
> cash has this property.  So do tickets to performances, lottery
> tickets, bus tokens, prepaid phone cards etc..
> A (tamper-resistant) smartcard may have this
> 'finders keepers' property, or may not.

And anyone with two halves of a clue to rub together will only use a
system that -won't- allow this. Who in their right mind is going to give
money away...

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org