Making Money in Digital Money

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Tue Apr 29 11:56:13 PDT 2003

At 9:56 AM -0700 4/29/03, Tim May wrote:
>* WiFi -- give me a fucking break! Wirelesss connections abound at CP
>meetings. And we were some of the earliest users of the Metricom
>wireless modems, circa 1995, with a special deal offered by some
>Metricom founders. Seeing laptops Metricomed to search engines for
>instant answers from the crowd was impressive, circa 1996-7. It still
>is.

As a brief historical note, the company name Combex
(http://www.combex.com/) was chosen in a Palo Alto cafe using a Metricom
modem.  For those who don't know about Combex, "Combex is a pioneer in the
development of secure distributed computing systems. Combex's personnel
represent the vast majority of the expertise in the use of the E secure
distributed computing platform that is the result of over $11M of R&D
effort expended over a six year period."

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | Due process for all    | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | used to be the         | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at pwpconsult.com | American way.          | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA