Fake News for Big Brother

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Tue Apr 29 07:16:10 PDT 2003

> ----------

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Problems would arise if there *were* a
law against
news media presenting false information. The question becomes 'What is
truth?', and
'Who decides". Laws of this type are used in many tyrannies (recently,
Zimbabwe) to
persecute reporters on the grounds that they were 'libeling the government'.

'Truth in media' is a sword that cuts both ways.

Peter Trei