Quarantines may be justified

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Apr 28 20:54:34 PDT 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Anonymous wrote:

> If you think you have the "right" to demand to not smell my tobacco
> smoke when you willingly enter the area, can I demand that I have the
> "right" not to smell your various body odors?

Absolutely.

A person has the right to do whatever they want.

-Until- it interferes with anothers expression of their wants.

Then everybody stops until a solution can be worked out.

There are two, and only two paths to -any- solution. Cooperation and
consent, or coercion.

If one believes in equality then -any- solution involving coercion is a
priori -wrong- and invokes further expressions of self-defence.

> --
> Tom Veil

Signing your anonymous posts is about as dumb as dirt.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org