Fake News for Big Brother

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 07:40:50 PDT 2003

Well, it might not be such a bad thing in the long run, particularly if they
printed a retraction some days later. Already the masses believe what they
read/hear from "trusted" media sources, even to the point of "knowing" that
Saddam Hussein was somehoe behind 9/11/01. If this were well publicized,
there could be the realiztion of "what!they LIED to us?!"

In the case of the New York Times the lies are not out-and-out lies, but a
deliberate slanting and re-arranging of information in such a way as to
support the 'well-intentioned' initiatives of their perceived community. Or
perhaps worse still, not investigating too closely when our military
releases some 'hot' information...any soft questioning will be done weeks
later and in a page deep in the interior...

Who once raised the point that "in a world where everyone told the truth all
the time, the consequences of a single lie could be catastrophic..."?

-TD