Anonglish (was: Re: Authenticating Meat)

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Sun Apr 27 18:03:11 PDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Tim May wrote:
> But of course people aren't going to learn new human languages for such
> an ephemeral and mostly useless reason as to hide their textual clues.

Hence my specification for compatibility with English (so anyone who would
speak English would understand the text - my proposal is de facto
drastically simplified English), and the requirement for machine
translator to Anonglish from English (so the bulk of the work would be
done by the machine). If you want something to be actually used, it has to
be simple.

> It's doubtful that K. would have had any interest in trying to write
> in some synthetic language, stripped of various stylistic choices and
> options.
>
> Or that we would want to.

Not for "normal" communication. However, special cases where long-time
protection of the nym has to be achieved, and the user has other nyms that
could lead to the discovery of his True Name, would require this approach.