How convenient...

Justin justin at soze.net
Sun Apr 27 04:28:44 PDT 2003

At 2003-04-27 01:34 +0000, J.A. Terranson wrote:

> http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/26/sprj.irq.britain.iraq.ap/index.html
>
> Report: Iraq-al Qaeda link found

I assume this means that nobody cares any longer about finding WoMD?

> The newspaper said the documents reveal that Paris shared with Baghdad the
> contents of private transatlantic meetings and diplomatic traffic from
> Washington.

So does this mean we're going to skip over Damascus but continue west to
Paris?  We've liberated it before from foreign occupiers.  I guess we
now need to liberate it from itself.  I wonder, would a liberated France
be more resistant to a U.S.-organized constitutional convention than
Iraq looks like it will be?

Here I am watching a bunch of government lawyers at the 2002-11-22 ABA
conference worrying themselves to death over how to prevent spying
restrictions on domestic communications from going into effect when
"foreign terrorists" use hotmail accounts, and all I can do is laugh.

--
Freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit
crimes and do bad things.  They're also free to live their lives and do