Quarantines may be justified [Santorum]

Justin justin at soze.net
Sat Apr 26 13:51:34 PDT 2003

At 2003-04-26 17:38 +0000, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> At 05:41 PM 4/25/03 +0000, Justin wrote:
> >At 2003-04-25 16:31 +0000, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> >
> >> But, Santorum needs to be tried & hung for what he meant.
> >
> >Do you have plans to try and hang the Supreme Court Justices who
> >upheld Sodomy laws in Bowers v Hardwick?
>
> Violating the constitution is treason.  Only state actors can violate
> the constitution.

Where'd you get that idea that private citizens can't violate the
Constitution?  Take a look at 18USC241, 242.  Regardless, federal judges
are certainly state actors, or at least they were when they committed
treason and a change of status shouldn't make them immune to
prosecution.

> >What about the significant minority of Americans who'd completely
> >agree with Santorum's remarks?
>
> I don't care if its a *majority*, the Constitution trumps democracy.
> Democracy is merely mob rule.

I'm well aware.  I was only suggesting that there are many other people
beside the not-so-distinguished Senator from Pennsylvania who are in
desperate need of trial, rope, and tree.  I'm confident that in a wide
sampling of religiously-motivated fanatics in the U.S., Sen. Santorum
would not rank even in the top thousand worst offenders.  His comments,
if anything, helped his opposition.  I could hardly imagine the Supreme
Court upholding the premise of Bowers v Hardwick this summer when they
rule on the current case.  Santorum's a harmless dinosaur.

--
Freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit
crimes and do bad things.  They're also free to live their lives and do