Some interesting quotes...

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Apr 26 12:36:23 PDT 2003

The Earth should be regarded as the womb of life - but one cannot remain
in the womb forever.

                                               Frank Tipler

Though control, like birth control, is best undertaken as long as possible
before the fact.

                                              Richard Mitchell

When the people are being beaten by a stick, they are not much happier
when it is called "the People's Stick."

                                              Michael Bakunin

The question that will decide our destiny is not whether we shall expand
into space. It is: shall we be one species or a million? A million species
will not exhaust the ecological niches that are awaiting the arrival of
intelligence.

                                              Freeman Dyson

Green technology means we do not live in cans but adapt our plants and our
animals and ourselves to live wild in the universe as we find it.

                                              Freeman Dyson

Tyranny is always better organized than freedom.

                                              Charles Peguy

One has to multiply thoughts to the point where there aren't enough
policemen to control them.

                                              Stanislaw Jerzey Lec

The corporation evolves to serve the interests of whoever controls it, at
the expense of whoever it does not.

                                              William Dugger

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men
who want rain without thunder and lightning.

                                              Frederick Douglass

Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain
in his present biological state any more than a tadpole is designed to
remain a tadpole.

                                              William Burroughs

If we desire to form individuals capable of inventive thought and of
helping the society of tomorrow to achieve  progress, then it is clear
that an education which is an active discovery of reality is superior.

                                              Jean Piaget

Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify
the hunter.

                                              African Proverb

Take from:

GURPS: Transhuman Space: Deep Beyond
Steve Jackson Games
ISBN 1-55634-586-0

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org