Thanks for the living hell, and question about OpenSSL

John Kelsey kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
Sat Apr 26 05:51:51 PDT 2003

At 06:01 PM 4/25/03 -0400, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:
>True.  From the thrashing I took yesterday, I conclude that subpoenas
>and other forceful means of system compromise are very cheap indeed.

It's not that they're cheap, it's that they're cheaper than alternative
attacks against blinded cash systems, where linking the coin and the
withdrawer is information-theoretically prevented (e.g., the blinded coin
carries zero information about the user).

--John Kelsey, kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
PGP: FA48 3237 9AD5 30AC EEDD  BBC8 2A80 6948 4CAA F259