Censorship: state bans games that kill pigs

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Fri Apr 25 14:07:10 PDT 2003

> Wash. to ban 'violent'  book sales
> State law will levy $500 fines to anyone selling violent books to
> those under 21, or those adjudged violent, or those on a list.....
> The bill passed the Senate 47-7 and is expected to be signed into law
> by

This is not of course the actual text of the story, but it could be. We
are getting closer and closer with each passing year to wholesale bans
on writings, on expressed thoughts, on art, on music. The principle is
the same. When a state actor claims to be able to ban speech, whether
in books or magazines or video games, those involved should be dealt
with appropriately.

Trusting the courts is not enough. The Courts, including the Supreme
Court, are themselves deeply implicated in unconstitutional police
state measures.

--Tim May
"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize
Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of
conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States who are
peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." --Samuel Adams