Bad Elf.

Greg Broiles gbroiles at bivens.parrhesia.com
Thu Apr 24 19:22:19 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 05:44:25AM -0700, A.Melon wrote:
> > Pierre Lethier, 48, had been wanted by the French authorities since
> > September 2000 on suspicion that he helped illicitly divert Elf funds to
> > secure the company's 1992 acquisition of the eastern German Leuna refinery
> > complex.
>
> This and a variety of other stuff, is showing up
> in RAZOR2. Whichever fucking asshole out there is
> reporting some of Fuhrer Rat's cypherpunk mail to
> RAZOR or any other UE signature repository, needs
> to stop now.

Oh, I can do better than that - "Whichever fucking asshole is sending me
unwanted messages needs to stop now."

Shit, they haven't stopped. Why don't people listen when I boss them
around?

Maybe trying to shift responsibility for solving my problems to others
via the use of anonymous passive-voice messages (passive-aggressive
voice?) isn't a good strategy after all.

Spam databases which aren't designed to cope with false reports and/or
differences of opinion about what's spam are doomed. On the way to
their doom, they may take some of your inbound mail with them.

The Cloudmark/Vipul's Razor people don't seem interested in describing
their trust metric system in a public forum, so it's hard to say much
about it beyond "apparently it's not working very well."

You might try "man 5 razor-whitelist" if you don't like having cpunks
mail tossed in the trash with the spam.

--
Greg Broiles
gbroiles at parrhesia.com