Three Cheers for the State - RAH RAH RAH

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Tue Apr 22 21:02:33 PDT 2003

At 4:55 PM -0700 4/22/03, Tim May deigned to flame my prose, pointing
out a mild inadvertant conundrum:
>> Ah. Theoretically, that's a claim made in the absence of data, at
>> least as far as Mr. May is concerned, because, last time looked, I
>> was in his killfile.
>
>How could you _possibly_ look in my killfile?

Ah. There you go again, accenting the trivial, while ignoring the
substantive. Frankly, forgetting it wasn't September, I expected some
undergrad to come running to your logical rescue, but you did so
yourself, promptly, in proper adolescent fashion, I might add, with
every thing but the "so there" and sticking your tongue out.

I knew, reading it as it came back off the list (how's that for
self-absorbed?), that that little malaprop would come back and bite
me in the ass. Frankly, I was too lazy to fix it.

I might have said "heard", of course, instead of "looked", though,
literally "looked" was true, since I *see* you, on this list, put me
in your kill-file about once a year, every year, since, oh, 1995 or
so. So, let's use "heard" instead --metaphorically, of course -- as
in "heard" from Mr. May about it, as in publicly "heard". As in
repeatedly "heard". As in, dare I say, er, um, redundantly "heard"?
Nahhh... that's too lumpy. :-).

Frankly, I would never killfile Mr. May, because, at the very least,
he provides 9/10ths of the entertainment around here these days,
between his affected racism, sexism, anti-semitism, threats of
physical violence and genuine paranoia (see Olsen in the .sig,
below...), and, like All True Literate Aryans (his word, not mine,
folks), he doesn't even use emoticons. ;-).

As for me being redundant, guilty as charged, m'lord. Same shit,
different day, every day, since heh, May-ish, 1994. That's 18 months
less redundancy than October 1992, I suppose. :-P... (See? I have a
tongue, too, though I drool a bit when I use it too much.)

For entertainment, let's see how fast I can get myself back into
Tim's kill-file again, shall we? Let's see if he's read down this
far...

Hey, Tim, threatened anyone on Usenet with raping their wife and
children lately?

Cheers, =:-)=-
RAH     ^^^^^^ (aka BeelzeBob. I'm sooo bad today...)

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA