Three Cheers for the State - RAH RAH RAH

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Tue Apr 22 13:16:05 PDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
> >- Opposing any war is treason.
>
> Well, if you're the de facto property of one nation-state or another,
> that's exactly true. Find me someone who isn't, these days.

I refuse to be a property. Whoever handles me as such, gets open
disrespect and either my open refusal to obey, or, in compliance with
Czech national tradition, a hidden refusal to obey[1]. Unique concept of
sabotage by obedience.

[1] Refer to "The Good Soldier Schweik", local national hero.
<http://my.core.com/~zenny/index.html>
See also http://www.rferl.org/newsline/1999/07/5-NOT/not-090799.html for
the international politics applications.

> Isn't it already? Certainly I think that *nothing* should be done
> without profit, that nothing really *is* done without profit to
> somebody, no matter what its governmental designation, and that *all*
> economic activity should be taxed if any of it is, and it *will* be,
> directly in cash, or indirectly in regulation, since we're all the
> "property" of one nation state or another, whether we say we "own
> ourselves" or not.  So, maybe you're right.

This is enforceable only with purely money-based economy. But there are
activities that are done for non-monetary profit: knowledge, experience,
fun. Or plain barter. I remove a virus from your computer, you later drop
by to repair my TV; barter, no paper trail. Help me and I will help you
when you'll need. Instead of shelving out money for expensive courseware,
drop by and I'll explain you how TCP/IP works. Then do the same for me
with SQL couple weeks later. Skills and knowledge are a kind of capital
as well - the kind of ownership no IRS can audit you for.

Tax this. Regulate this. Good luck.