Three Cheers for the State - RAH RAH RAH

Patrick Chkoreff patrick at fexl.com
Mon Apr 21 16:55:33 PDT 2003

You're on a roll, Mr. Bob Hettinga:

> ... is a distinction without a difference. Identical to the
> distinction between "pacifism", or "opposition to war", and treason,
> in an actual time of war.

> Of course, the very concept of tax-free *anything* is anathema to me,
> these days. At the very least, it's just as much a state subsidy as a
> cash grant.

To summarize:

- Opposing any war is treason.
- Every human activity should be taxed.
- Failure to tax is equivalent to subsidy.

> Nation-states are a bitch, y'all...

And from the above I conclude that you like it that way.

> Cheers,
> RAH

Three cheers for the state, rah rah rah!

Digital bearer settlement is treason.

-- Patrick

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be
dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War
is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes. And
armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the
many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary
power of the Executive is extended. ... No nation could preserve its
freedom in the midst of continual warfare."

James Madison, April 20, 1795