Quarantines may be justified

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sun Apr 20 19:41:03 PDT 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, david wrote:

> The concept of, and respect for private property are essential
> elements of individual liberty.  They cannot be separated.  There
> is an inverse proportion between the power the governments have
> over private property and freedom.

Actually that's so much whaledreck. They in fact are -not- related at all.

In fact if one talks of 'individuals' then -no- concept of 'property'
-ever- arises. It is only until one brings in two or more than -any-
concept of 'property' has any meaning at all.

The connection between 'private freedom' and 'property' is really a
strawman. What matters is life, liberty, and the -pursuit of hapiness-
and not collecting more 'stuff' than your neighbor. If anything it
demonstrates an exception lack of maturity and excessive insecurity.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage at ssz.com                            jchoate at open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org