Reason's Cathy Young complains of post-9-11 "panic-mongers"

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 07:00:56 PDT 2003

I sure saw Tim's response coming. My own initial reaction was the same,
except this fascist's stupidity might be a good thing (ie, for those of us
that don't want to end up having a ratcage around our heads). A little
Durdanian analysis will let you know what I mean...

>>Measures such as limiting terror suspects' communications with their
>>lawyers in order to prevent potential terrorist acts are controversial,
>>and rightly so. But they are a far cry from Stalinism.

So the masses reading this say: "Stalinism? You mean some people are
comparing our loss of freedom with Stalinism? I don't believe that..."
But the seed is now planted. Now the masses perceive other masses as being
afraid we're paying too much for this war on (someone else's) terrorism.

>>Yes, this is a different America than it was on Sept. 10, 2001. But it
>>wasn't Ashcroft, President Bush, or the Republican Congress who conspired
>>to rob us of our freedom; it was the terrorists.

Nice! So she tacitly admits SOMEONE'S fuckin' us over. AND, she accidently
acknowledges that people believe its Bush and Asscruft.
Fortunately, even the rank-and-file are smart enough to recognize who
actually makes the laws here. So all that's needed are a few more horror
stories of white Americans getting carted away for reading about rocketry at
the library, and they'll bum-rush this show.

-TD