Kill MS, again, but sideways

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Wed Apr 16 08:35:17 PDT 2003

At 11:30 PM 4/15/03 +0200, Thomas Shaddack wrote:

>The case of Blackboard security, which recently flashed through
Politech
>(thanks, Declan!), nicely illustrates the situation - technical
>shortcomings addressed by lawyers.

Lawyers are merely implementing what the *legislators* let them.
The legislators are the ones deserving of the jumpercables on the
genitals,
though perhaps though the lawyers could be required to do the honors.
Since lawyers decay into legislators, this would have beneficial
prophylactic educational effects.

>Vendors, who keep crucial informations away from the customers, should
be
>shot.

No Thomas, a market will find better uses for them if your arguments
have merit.  (Which they do, but it takes time.)  It is, after all,
the right of any individual (or group thereof) to keep secrets.
(And Thomas, I wouldn't argue against that *here* :-)
Or bind others with consensual contracts like NDAs.
Much as it is the right of anyone to diddle with anything they own,
and talk about it freely.

>The ones, who try to sue the reverse engineers, should be boiled in
oil before being shot.

The nice thing about jumpercables is the longer you use them,
the lesser the ohmic resistance of the legislator, until you
get charring, at which point you can move on to the next deserving
most honorable sir.

PS: TS you might at this point enjoy _A Xenix Chainsaw Massacre_