Beach Blanket Babylon

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 07:53:17 PDT 2003

Tim May wrote...

"Not to mention the tens of billions already in thousands of bank accounts
in Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, Panama, and other locations. Set up over the
past 20 years, and deeply hidden. (One of Saddam's relatives, recently a
diplomat in Switzerland, spent most of his professional time distributing
money safely. Some of this money may only be retrievable by Saddam, some
only by his immediate family, some by "stay behind" and "terrorist"
organizations.)

Tens of billions in offshore accounts, and hundreds of millions in bullion,
$100 bills, and treasure from the museums, plus assorted military know-how
and weaponry.

Ah, this is gonna fund a _lot_ of merriment! "

Well, I'm not so sure. Saddam is not bin Laden...bin Laden is a true
believer, from what I can tell. Saddam and his family are pretty much in it
for the perks.So the extended set of Saddam connections probably have an
extensive "flight capital" organization (a la Boerhman), ready to fund a
very high-end lifestyle for a whole cluster of well-connected ex-pat Iraqis.
Terrorism will only be considered a useful expenditure if it results in
clear and obvious monetary benefit to this extended web of relations.

-TD