Can you spell default? Roman walls have ears..

Jamie Lawrence jal at jal.org
Sun Apr 13 08:26:24 PDT 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> At 09:34 PM 4/12/03 -0500, Jamie Lawrence wrote:
> >
> >I don't understand what US pounds Sterling are.
> >

> Fair nuff, mate.  The Brits think a billion is something other than
> 1e9.  So "billion" here meant 1e9.  Pounds meant about a buck
> and a half to two, the going rate for Brit bucks AFAIK.

Ah, OK. Your comment makes sense now. I was attributing modifiers to the
wrong nouns.

In other words, about a metric assload.

The difference between a US billion and a UK billion is best understood
as an ad view generator for the slashdot crowd.

Back to the regularly scheduled bickering...

-j

Jamie Lawrence                                        jal at jal.org
"The media is reality."
   - US Air Force Major General Gene Renuart