Looting of museums, banks, shops, factories--South Central LA writ large

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Sat Apr 12 16:57:23 PDT 2003

On Saturday, April 12, 2003, at 04:11  PM, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> At 02:57 PM 4/12/03 -0400, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
> >The imams have asked for all their stuff to come back to the mosques,
> and, oddly enough, the stuff's coming back.
> >
> >Expect the same thing for the hospitals, at least in the Shiite
> areas...
>

> Yeah, but so much for the careful calibration that med equiptment is
> supposed
> to have.   A stuck anesthetic valve or out of place x-ray filter can
> ruin your whole day...
> .

Sometimes you people are so naive you take my breath away.

Some small fraction of broken chairs and used tires are dropped off at
mosques and Hettinga proclaims it as a triumph of ideology.

As for the 170,000 or so pieces from the main museum, well, the
Sumerian pottery makes good gravel for roads. And at least the gold can
be melted down.

--Tim May