Looting of museums, banks, shops, factories--South Central LA writ large

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sat Apr 12 12:26:51 PDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> What is up with looting hospitals?  I can see
> grabbing the fun meds, but the rest of it?

Obviously, you are not thinking this through: these folks are not looking for
recreationals, they are looking for materials that could save their
lives.  The deacade long sanctions, followed up by our Deserter-In-Chief's 80
billion dollar temper tantrum leaves little doubt in my mind that a couple of
pounds of a 3rd generation cephalosporin is likely to be worth more than
a tank full of "fun meds".

In their position, I'd be looting the hospitals too: ultrawide
spectrum antibiotics, atropine, a small stash of potent
narcotics (a mix of a long acting prep, such as methadone for
use over days or weeks, and some short actings like straight
morphine for the early moments), a couple of bottles of saline, and some
basic kit items (suture, sponges, etc.)...  To hell with recreation: these
are people worried about *survival*.

> Who
> do they think they're screwing with this?

What makes you think that "they" are doing this to "screw with" someone?

> Looting govt offices is just payback, like bombing an IRS office.

Agreed.

> Looting merchants is just lowlife theivery, like Los Angeles, unless
> the merchants were state-licensed or pro-state,  in which case payback
> may also
> be involved.

Agreed twice.

<drivel elided>