The secret government marches on...

Jamie Lawrence jal at jal.org
Fri Apr 11 10:28:58 PDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, James A. Donald wrote:

> Instead, Fisk conspicuously fails to mention that the minders
> are controlling the newsmen in a way that prevents them from

You mean, something similar to say, placing them in military units
chosen by minders in Washington, and saying "that's what you get" when
non-"embedded" reporters die*.

> Fisk omits critical facts, and confidently claims to know what
> he was not permitted to know.

I'd love an example to discuss.

> The one is a lie of omission, the other a lie of commission.
> Fisk conceals from his readers the fact that it is impossible
> to check on the lies of a totalitarian state, and denies
> barefaced the fact that promises to allow such checking are
> always lies.

So your assertion is that reporting what a government body is saying is
wrong, and failing to say that they may be saying things that may be
propoganda is wrong.

Are you similarly pissed at Fox? Please share with the group.

-j

*I'm not saying the US intentionally killed reporters. I don't know if
that is an accurate analysis or not. It is a war, and shit happens.

Jamie Lawrence                                        jal at jal.org
"And don't tell me there isn't one bit of difference between null
and space, because that's exactly how much difference there is."
   - Larry Wall