bomb recipie from household ingridients.

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Fri Apr 11 06:15:52 PDT 2003

Here you go:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_9143,00.html

Frozen Caramelized Banana and Chocolate Bombe
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2000
 Recipe Summary

Yield: 8 servings

For the Ice Cream:
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced lengthwise in half and cut crosswise into
1/4-inch thick slices
2 tablespoons banana liqueur
2 tablespoons dark rum
2 cups milk
2 cups heavy cream
6 egg yolks
2 cups chocolate mousse, recipe follows
For the Garnish:
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large bananas, peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
1 cup chocolate sauce, (in a squeeze bottle), recipe follows In a large
saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and stir
until the sugar dissolves. Add the bananas and cook, stirring for 3
minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully add the liqueur and
rum. Return the pan to the stove and carefully ignite the alcohol and
shake the pan until the flames die down, about 30 seconds. Remove from the
heat and cool completely. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine
the milk and cream. Bring the mixture to a scalding point. In a mixing
bowl, beat the egg yolks. Add the cream mixture about 1/4 cup at a time to
the beaten eggs, whisking well after each addition. Pour the mixture back
into the saucepan, and cook, stirring, over medium heat until the mixture
becomes thick enough to lightly coat the back of a spoon, 2 to 3
minutes. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a large glass
mixing bowl. Add the pureed bananas and stir to mix. Cover the top with
plastic wrap pressed against the surface and let cool. Place the mixture
in the refrigerator and chill completely. Pour the banana mixture into an
ice cream machine and follow the manufacturer's instructions for the
churning time. **If you leave the ice cream in the freezer for a while
before completing the pie, be sure to let it soften up a bit first.

To assemble: Line 1 cup molds with plastic wrap. Spread 3/4 cup of the ice
cream over the bottom and sides of the individual 1 cup molds. Spoon 1/4
cup of the chocolate mousse in the center of the mold. Fill the mold with
the remaining ice cream. Wrap the molds in plastic wrap and refrigerate
until firm. For the garnish: In a saute pan, over medium heat, melt the
butter. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Cook the sugar mixture for 1
minute. Add the bananas and continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from the
heat. To serve, drizzle each plate with the chocolate sauce. Unmold the
bombes and place in the center of each plate. Spoon the banana mixture
over each bombe and serve immediately.

QUICK CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse

8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan, over medium heat, and bring
to a simmer. Cook until the chocolate melts completely, whisking
occasionally. Remove from the heat, pour into a glass bowl and cool
completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled. In
an electric mixer with a wire whip, beat until the cream forms firm peaks.

Yield: 2 1/2to 3 cups

CHOCOLATE SAUCE
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse

3/4 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 pound semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Combine the half-and-half and butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan
over medium heat. Heat the mixture until a thin paper-like skin appears on
the top. Do not boil. Add the chocolate and vanilla and stir until the
chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and let
cool. Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Episode#: EM1D03 Copyright ) 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All
Rights Reserved

 + ^ + :NSA got $20Bil/year |Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/  :and didn't stop 9-11|share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:Instead of rewarding|monitor, or under your keyboard, you   \/|\/
  /|\  :their failures, we  |don't email them, or put them on a web  \|/
 + v + :should get refunds! |site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------