The secret government marches on...

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Thu Apr 10 21:12:55 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 08:31:14PM -0700, James A. Donald wrote:
> You have failed to read the article -- he tells us when he
> wrote it. Read his article, and fit the timeline of the events
> he describes, against the timeline of events the other article
> describes.  The time at which he claims to have visited the
> airport in his account was an hour or two before the attack
> began in the mainstream account.

You are incorrect. As I said, I read the article. It was reposted from
another site and it is anything but clear when it was filed. The New York
Times has a timestamp and datestamp; the reposted one did not.

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm not interested in
defending this fellow further. My only points, which I trust has been
made emphatically enough at this point, are: Don't attribute to malice
what can be explained by honest mistakes; and journalists rarely have
the full story at the best of times.

-Declan