"Stay Behind" strategies in Iraq [ground-penetrating radar]

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Thu Apr 10 16:48:58 PDT 2003

At 12:47 AM 4/11/03 +0200, Thomas Shaddack wrote:
 >On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
 >> >to the buried supplies,
 >>
 >> If that's a real problem then look into investing in ground-penetrating
 >> radar equiptment.
 >> Not just for archeologists any more...
 >
 >The sand there is littered with dead steel, with empty carcasses of
 >deceased tanks from Iraq-Iran war. Large metal bodies can be used to hide
 >smaller metal objects, in our case smaller weapon caches.

Yes.  The US civ militia knows about burying weapons and scattering
ferrous objects.  Kinda like the leprechaun story, who puts
ribbons on *all* the trees, since he agreed not to remove the
ribbon on the tree over the gold which he placed when captured.

However, we can assume that 1. GPR >> magnetometers
2. they'll dig up (well, they'll hire Iraqis to dig up) whatever
they need to if the Occupation Resistance motivates them.

They will of course also use social controls, if pushed.
No right to bear arms, govt ID required for travel,
meetings must be registered with 'interim' govt,
how do you say Big Brother in arabic?

"When only cops have guns, it's called a 'police state'" --Claire Wolfe