Patriot Act to become permanant?

Elyn Wollensky elyn at consect.com
Thu Apr 10 10:56:28 PDT 2003

<snip>
> Bush faces a tough decision: roll east, or roll west.
>
> Since Syria is more decrepit in its armaments, as Iraq was, it will be
> the likely target. But first we need to prepare by floating rumors that
> Saddam's missing "WMD" (not found by the U.N., not found by the
> swarming soldiers) must have been spirited out to Axis of Evil Founding
> Member Syria.
<snip>
> --Tim May

Tim nailed it. This just broke on Dow Jones ...
;~/.

Rumsfeld to order Syria invasion plan

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--An intelligence source says U.S. Defense Secretary
Donald Rumsfeld last week ordered the drawing up of contingency plans
for a possible invasion of Syria, Newsday reported Thursday. According to
the newspaper's Web site, Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith is
working on a policy paper highlighting how Syria's support of terrorist
groups is a threat to the region. But the newspaper also reported that
a senior Pentagon officer said he was unaware of any new planning
regarding Syria.

Rumsfeld said Wednesday that Syria had allowed Iraqi regime figures to
enter and had provided Iraq with military technology.