"Lone terrorist" bill

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Wed Apr 9 23:09:49 PDT 2003

At 08:16 PM 04/09/2003 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>I favor freely trading with Cuba as the best way to implement
>"regime change" there. I believe locals need to change their regimes.

The trade embargo and immigration and travel limitations have been an
amazingly well-organized method of keeping Castro in power for 40 years.
Soviet control of East Germany fell partly because people
didn't want it any more, and partly because everybody figured out
they could just go on vacation and not come back until the regime was gone.
The Coast Guard use of military force to stop refugees is
a crime against humanity.  If we wanted to get the Cubans to choose capitalism,
allowing trade, US tourism, and import of cheap televisions would
take down the Castro regime rapidly.

                 "Lone Terrorist" Bill