"Lone terrorist" bill

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Wed Apr 9 10:54:12 PDT 2003

It's just like with JFK - the CIA wanted Lee Harvey Oswald to be "the lone
gunman" so if you have a nutcase, you don't have a conspiracy. Too bad it
surfaced that Oswald had been to Mexico and had ties to the CIA and that
the bullets fired didn't match the location of the book repository, etc.

So, now we have a "Lone Terrorist" as a class of patsy to use at whim.
Usually will be the Arab immigrant unable to secure legal aid anyhow.
Once established, anyone can be the patsy.

When Uncle Sam wants to disappear someone, they become "The Lone
Terrorist."  Simple, sweet, clean.  The sheep will buy it.  "He was a lone
terrorist, kept to himself, valued his privacy..."

Funny how we went from the Declaration of Independence that says "We hold
these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they
are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among
these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" to enumerate such
rights in the Bill of Rights, to the USA PATRIOT act which removes all
Liberty and due process at the slightest whim of any burrowcrat in the
right agency.

There was some Asimov robot story about this world where the robots' laws
were bypassed by changing the definition of human to those from a specific
planet only, thus having the robots kill outsiders to defend them.
Eventually they tweaked it so deeply that the robots killed everyone.
This is a pretty standard sci-fi theme.  In this case, "citizen" goes
away, as do rights.  "He's not a citizen, he's a lone terrorist."  Ditto
"protected witness" and "illegal combattant" as a way to remove rights.

It's has not been 98'C for quite some time now, and the frog has long
been boiled.

 + ^ + :NSA got $20Bil/year |Passwords are like underwear. You don't /|\
  \|/  :and didn't stop 9-11|share them, you don't hang them on your/\|/\
<--*-->:Instead of rewarding|monitor, or under your keyboard, you   \/|\/
  /|\  :their failures, we  |don't email them, or put them on a web  \|/
 + v + :should get refunds! |site, and you must change them very often.
--------_sunder_ at _sunder_._net_------- http://www.sunder.net ------------