Patriot Act to become permanant?

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Wed Apr 9 12:54:42 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, April 9, 2003, at 11:58  AM, Eric Murray wrote:

> In a move that should not be a suprise
> to anyone here, Sen. Orrin Hatch has introduced a bill
> to repeal the sunset clause in the Patriot Act, making
> it permanant.
>
> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/
> 2003/04/09/MN257910.DTL

Yes, in the Permanent War on Some Dictators, we need permanent police
state measures.

Bush faces a tough decision: roll east, or roll west.

Since Syria is more decrepit in its armaments, as Iraq was, it will be
the likely target. But first we need to prepare by floating rumors that
Saddam's missing "WMD" (not found by the U.N., not found by the
swarming soldiers) must have been spirited out to Axis of Evil Founding
Member Syria.

The Permanent War helps the defense contractors, helps the Republicans,
and helps Israel.

What more can we ask? (Don't answer this unless you've checked with the
text of the Homeland Security Act and PATRIOT Act to see if your
answers make you an "illegal combatant.")

--Tim May