Found Object at Party: Knife/pliers multi-tool

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Sep 20 14:54:45 PDT 2002

I found a stainless steel locking pliers multi-tool behind my ice chest
on my deck. Someone probably used it at the party as a bottle opener
and forgot it was there. Perhaps it was left on the lid of the ice
chest and it rolled off in the semi-darkness when someone else opened
the lid.

It's one of the models made by one of these vendors: Leatherman, SOG,
Gerber, Buck, etc.

Describe the brand and/or how it operates, opens, etc. and I'll hold it
for you or make other arrangements for you to get it back.

Comment on the meeting,/party: I counted about 50 people at one time or
another, peaking at about 40 during the late afternoon indoor session.
A lot of people I'd never met, nor heard of. (If someone lost the
multi-tool and doesn't read Cypherpunks, oh well, think of it as
Darwin's blade, now mine.)

Thanks to all for making for such a great meeting and later party!

--Tim May
"To those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty,
my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists."  --John
Ashcroft, U.S. Attorney General