algebra.com becomes a more filtered node

Igor Chudov ichudov at Algebra.COM
Tue Sep 17 09:57:00 PDT 2002

Just wanted to let everyone know that algebra.com is becoming a much more
filtered node. Two things to be aware of:

1. I use a lot more of general antispam filtering. I use several dns based
spamhaus blackholes, a access control list from wirehub.net, and my own list
of spam patterns.

At request of other nodes, I can share what I do which at this point has become
rather effective. Spam that passes through other nodes is more difficult for
me to eliminate.

2. (more controversial). I eliminate all traffic that I receive from, or that was
sent to, one particular cypherpunk node, as well as everything that was sent
by the node's owner. Essentially all traffic that is related to that node goes
to the bit bucket. I am rather tired of both the content as well as the network
bandwidth consumed by that node. I send nothing to that node either.

The goal that I personally pursue is to make the list more readable to
me and to use less of my bandwodth. I am not even sure how many valid
addresses are subscribed to algebra.com, since I transferred a lot of
them to minder.net a while ago.

igor