[dave at immunitysec.com: Unmask 1.0 Release Party at My House!]

Greg Broiles gbroiles at parrhesia.com
Mon Sep 9 13:02:05 PDT 2002

At 02:55 PM 9/9/2002 -0400, Adam Shostack wrote:
>Anyone played with it?
>
>[...]
>
>Subject: Unmask 1.0 Release Party at My House!
>From: Dave Aitel <dave at immunitysec.com>
>
>I've released Unmask today - available at
>http://www.immunitysec.com/unmask.html

I've been experimenting with it some this morning - it's a memory and CPU
hog, turning 10-20K input
files into 20-30M data files, and using 300-500M of RAM and a few minutes
of CPU time on a relatively fast
Athlon in the process.

Nothing interesting to report yet, other than a hunch that it'd be improved
by rewriting some parts
in C, and/or using a resource storage format that's more appropriate for
big data sets, like a database. It seems to want to keep everything in RAM
at once.

--
Greg Broiles -- gbroiles at parrhesia.com -- PGP 0x26E4488c or 0x94245961