seeking information for Tired News article

Optimizzin Al-gorithym al at qaeda.org
Sun Sep 8 13:14:17 PDT 2002

At 02:33 PM 9/7/02 -0500, J.A. Terranson wrote:

>> What kinds of people are involved?
>
>Doctors, Lawyers, Mathematecians, Felons, Druggies, Anti-druggies,
>Anarchists, Libertarians, Right-Wing-Fanatics, Left-Wing-Fanatics,
>Teachers, Housewives, Househusbands, students, cops, criminals...

We're all just voices in TM's head..

>> Who (socially, i mean, not names!) exactly are the members of the
group?

>Agains, there IS NO GROUP.  I'm not trying to be cute here - THERE IS
>NO GROUP.  The whole concept of "group" is flawed in this context.

Dogthinker seeks Alpha Cat.

>> WN has had a very familiar relationship with the cypherpunks - has it
been
>> viewed as a positive thing?

Which?  WN is widely considered lame ('tired' to you) esp. since Declan
left.
On the other hand, publicity can attract contentful participants.  Also
trolling feds and folks looking for help with homework.

>> With whom else are the cypherpunks  allied?
>
>[I actually had to take a moment to wipe the tears of laughter from
>the question]
>
>Nobody.

Well a few authors have gotten free plane trips & bed & board at the
Feds'
expense.. some even came back after it was over.

Any such "alliance" would require a Group Consensus -
>something which is just patently impossible.  If you ever find two
>CP's who can agree on enough to come to a broad Consensus, you let me
>know so I can mark it on my calendar.

True 'nuff.  Now ask us about protocols which let you determine a
consensus...
well, that's tasty.

>> Thanks for your time. I am hoping to get the story done before the
end of
>> next week (i.e. before the actual party.) Of course, I would never
publish
>> the location of the party or any other information that you don't
feel
>> comfortable about.

And 'we' should 'trust' "you" *why* ??  (Ho-ho, list relevence!
Explain/define the
scare-quotes!  For extra credit, explain how protocols might avoid
spoofing.)