Shrubs threat to the www.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Fri Sep 6 02:30:39 PDT 2002

Worlds Worst Weapons...Kenfucky speech.A freudian slip? I don't think so.
The Internet on probation (PDF)
'One year after the tragic events in New York and Washington, the Internet
can be added to the list of "collateral damage" caused by the general spate
of security measures. As a result, basic cyber-freedoms have been cut back.
The countries usually criticised for not respecting human rights and
freedom of expression ... have encouraged its growth as a tool of state
propaganda or economic interests, but at the same time moved to control it
and clamp down on criticism, argument and hopes for democracy expressed
online ... It is also threatened in Western democracies, where many
countries have passed laws, taken measures and adopted practices that are
putting the Internet under the ferrule of the security services'
( RSF )
See also this press release, this AP coverage, and this blog entry from Tuesday
http://www.hullocentral.demon.co.uk/site/anfin.htm
FBI was trying to send suspect to known torturers.(but not executioners!)

ZACARIAS MOUSSAOUI
Q - What is France's position on Moussaoui who's just admitted his
responsibility in the September 11 attacks? Knowing France's position, what
action can France take? Is it going to seek extradition if he's sentenced
to death?
That's a purely hypothetical question.
Q - Yes but still?
The matter is in the hands of American judicial officials and comes under
the Justice Ministry.
Mr. Moussaoui is being tried in the U.S. We have a general position on the
death penalty: We oppose it. That holds true for Mr. Moussaoui. The
American authorities have been clearly informed of this.
Q - A few days ago, Mr. Moussaoui asked to meet with a French diplomat. Has
he made any specific requests? Can you tell us about them? What did he ask
for?
Mr. Moussaoui asked to have the benefit of French consular protection. This
was granted and, as we've said, the consulate general in Washington has
asked to be able to visit Mr. Moussaoui according to the usual rules for
consular protection, as for everyone. I understand that depending on the
practical arrangements, the visit could take place this afternoon.
Q - What advantages do people have under consular protection?
These are stipulated in the 1963 Vienna Convention. Article 34: contacts,
checking on the conditions of detention and trial.
http://www.info-france-usa.org/news/briefing/us190702.asp
Proffr denies bomb threat to airport.
The international terminal at Sydney Airport has been evacuated after a
bomb threat was received late this afternoon. All roads around the terminal
have been closed and up to 400 people have been moved to an outside carpark
while the building is searched.
Peoples intelligence agencies ramp up online,no place to run,no place to
hide...
One People's Project
Tracks the identities and activities of neo-nazis, fascists, and racists.
http://infoshop.org/